COME AND SEE
St. Mary is a parish of the Church of Antioch, established in A.D. 42 by the Apostle Peter as recounted in The New Testament. According to the Book of Acts, the ancient city of Antioch is where the followers of Christ were first called Christians. As part of what today is known as the Eastern Orthodox Church, we represent the oldest tradition in Christian history. (Click the following link to see an historical list of the Bishops of Antioch, from the time of St. Peter to the present.) This is the apostolic Church of Christ, built on the blood of martyrs, protected by the faithful, tested by the fire of time. The Orthodox Church claims not to have a monopoly on the Truth, but rather to manifest the fullness of the Truth.
In the Gospel of John, when Jesus was asked where he stayed, the Lord replied, “Come and see.” Come worship with us and experience the glory of Jesus Christ in the beauty and truth of his church.
- Vespers: Saturdays at 5:00 p.m.
- Orthros: Sundays at 8:45 a.m.
- Divine Liturgy: Sundays at 10 a.m.
St. Mary is located at 10303 Boyd St., Omaha, NE 68134
FROM THE FATHERS
“For the Lord, having been born the First-begotten of the dead, and receiving into His bosom the ancient fathers, has regenerated them into the life of God, He having been made Himself the beginning of those that live, as Adam became the beginning of those who die. Wherefore also Luke, commencing the genealogy with the Lord, carried it back to Adam, indicating that it was He who regenerated them into the Gospel of life, and not they Him. And thus also it was that the knot of Eve’s disobedience was loosed by the obedience of Mary. For what the virgin Eve had bound fast through unbelief, this did the virgin Mary set free through faith.” Irenaeus of Lyons
OUR MISSION, VISION AND IDENTITY
The Mission of St. Mary Orthodox Church is to be a worshiping community, living and sharing the Faith given by Christ to the Apostles.
We seek to show our constant thanksgiving by giving our lives in worship, witness, service, and fellowship as expressed in the Epistle of James: “…be doers of the word, and not hearers only…”
- St. Mary Parish is a worshipping community in the fullness of the Orthodox Christian Faith.
- We are created in the image and likeness of God.
- Acknowledging our sinfulness, we humbly seek forgiveness from God and each other, striving to become more like Christ.
- Our ancient Christian faith, reaching beyond our ethnic and cultural roots, is revealed to us in the Holy Tradition of
the Orthodox Church, including Holy Scripture, the Sacraments, the Nicene Creed, the Seven Ecumenical Councils, Hymnography, the Liturgical Cycle of services, and the communion of the Saints.
- We are called by Christ to spread the Gospel of salvation locally, throughout the world, and from generation to generation.